Thursday 9 August 2018

Evra: Pogba was a huge loss to Manchester United


Patrice Evra says Paul Pogba's decision to leave Manchester United for Juventus was a “truly a huge loss” to the club. 


The France international left Old Trafford in the summer of 2012, going on to win the Serie A title in his first season with Juventus.

Though, Evra has hailed Pogba’s qualities and says he was well-respected at the club, particularly by some of the Red Devils' most experienced players.

“His [Pogba's] talent on the pitch, his aggression, his presence, is very rare," said Evra told French TV station TF1.

“He very quickly earned the respect of players like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.

“It’s true that have you have to win over the manager too, but to have won the dressing room like he did [was impressive].

“It was truly a huge loss when he left the club.”

The powerful midfielder has recently blamed Sir Alex Ferguson for his decision to leave the club, particularly after he was left out of a game, in a match United went on to lose 3-2.

"Against Blackburn, on December 31, 2011, I was on the bench. Ferguson puts Rafael in midfield with Ji Sung Park. Then I gave up. I was really bummed," he told Telefoot

"I joined Juve to silence people who have criticised me, who did not believe in me and said that I would fail."

No comments:

Post a Comment